post no. 07 -- Rain, rain...

Wow! What a day yesterday was. First off I would like to say welcome to all the new followers and viewers, it is very nice to know I'm not talking to myself!

So for the last few days the islands have been getting hit with loads of rain, to the point where I'm starting to feel like I'm back in Seattle. Don't believe me?


Ha! Well this doesn’t actually show the massive amounts of rain, but more how Hawaii residents lack no ability to drive during inclement weather. 

I'm actually loving it though, most of the year it is nothing but sun and 86 degree weather, so this is totally a nice change of pace. The only real downer of the week is that our Jeep started leaking on the right hand side because of all of the heavy wind, rain, etc. How does the mail man brave it? We took it in yesterday afternoon to the dealership, and they didn’t even bother to give us a call back to even say pound sand. So we are now in a rental car, at least for today. I’m really hoping the weather clears up, not for my own pleasure but for our joint checking account's, so that I can at least ride my put-put to work tomorrow and save out on all of those fees for renting a car. But alas, I think not dear citizens.  


Pray for sunshine. 



2 comments:

  1. When I lived in Hawaii as a kid, I always loved the rain. So I was thrilled when we moved to Seattle. Now I pretty much despise it :-) I do love those hot, humid summer days when a downpour comes through for a few minutes. Everything gets all steamy and smells so alive. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How do you survive?? My parents decided it was an appropriate time to move when on a slightly less overcast than average day my mom said "Look Ashley, the sun!" and I responded very sarcastically "What sun..." :P

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...