post no. 10 -- Double Digits

Post #10, woop woop. So far so good, right? Well last night was date night with Kristoph. 14 days into the new year and so far I've been keeping up with all of my New Year's Resolutions. We went to the Shops at Ala Moana in Waikiki and loafed around window shopping until dinner time. Kris, having been gone for the last six months on deployment, had no idea that there are actually restaurants on top of the mall. I had to show him all that was up there so we boarded the escalator to the top. Once we got there we realized that is was mostly restaurant chains from the mainland that we had already been to many times. The only two that didn't fit into that category were Mai Tai Bar and Bubba Gump Shrimp Co. After realizing that I would not be allowed into the bar, we decided to try something new and eat at the Forrest Gump inspired eatery. Oh, my, goodness. I have never been around so much fried food in my life. In addition too the fried, well, everything that was around me the air was incredibly humid due to the recent showers that have been lingering around the island. Needless to say I got the full southern experience. The whole dinner we discussed me going back to school, which has been the recent topic of focus with everyone from my parents to my past employers (who is practically like a grandparent to me). I was excited when we both came to the conclusion that it would be a good idea for me to get back into an art school part-time to start getting my feet wet again. The whole way home I couldn't stop obsessing about researching schools in our area, so much so that my Blackberry died in the car. As soon as we got home, I plunked myself on the couch with my laptop while Jack's feet dangled by my side. I sat there browsing the interwebs for an art school, any art school, on this island. Nothing, nadda, zip. My only options that remain are online schools, or a 4-year full-time university. I've been looking into The Academy of Art University online and also University of Hawaii: Manoa's Art Department, but am completely lost in terms of where to go, what to do, etc. etc. etc. I will probably give them a call a little later to try and figure everything out, but in the mean time...

Any advice? 


1 comment:

  1. I hate thinking about going to school. I know I want to, but it's hard for me too because there's not really any schools i'm interested in where I live. I did online high school and it was SO hard to just DO it. But if you're dedicated, I think it would work!

    Sorry for such a long comment, but I just found your blog and I love it! :) Check out mine if you feel like it.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...