post no. 49 -- Game Day Goodies


Today, as you all know, was game day for Super Bowl XLV. Kris' parents and friends came over for the festivities, and I was busy in the kitchen all day prepping food for the masses. Overall I vote it was a success. I made  my famous (well at least to those who have tried them) deviled eggs and broccoli salad. They're both fairly easy recipes to make for parties and little get togethers. Take a look and judge for yourself!


Broccoli Salad

What you need:
Two large stocks of broccoli
1 cup mayonnaise (maybe a tad bit more)
1 cup Craisins
1 cup Shredded Cheese (I use cheddar for this)
1 tbsp. (give or take) of Sugar
A splash of vinegar (and by splash I mean toddler sized splash, not 400lb. grown man canon ball)

Step 1: Gather Ingredients.
Step 2: Chop up broccoli into fine pieces.
Step 3: Mix everything together.
Step 4: Add extra ingredients to taste.
Step 5: Serve!

Told you it was easy!


Ashy's Evil Eggs

What you need:
A dozen eggs
Mayonnaise
Dijon Mustard
Smoked Paprika

**I apologize in advance -- I don't use any measurements with this recipe, just eyeball everything...

Step 1: Hardboil eggs and let them cool (I usually just stick them in the freezer for about 10 minutes)
Step 2: Remove shells and slice the eggs in half. Should have 24 half eggs. 
Step 3: Peel egg yolk out of egg white and toss into bowl. 
Step 4: Use about 4 tbsp. of mayonnaise and like 3 tbsp. of dijon mustard and mix everything together with a fork. You should notice the mix turning a little bit lighter of a yellow. You want a fairly smooth texture, so add more mayonnaise to get this down pat. 
Step 5. Once you have the perfect taste and texture, grab a ziplock bag and put mix inside. Cut corner of bag and force mix towards opening. 
Step 6. Fill eggs in circular motion (to make them look pretty of course) and sprinkle  smoked paprika on top. Serve and enjoy!

Let me know if you have any questions on these short little recipes! I apologize for the lack of pictures, both recipes went faster than I expected, so I never had a chance to snap some pictures before they all disappeared. Also **Week in Pictures will be tomorrow... I'm too tired to keep posting tonight. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...